It was at this location, where the Texas Cattle Trail crossed the Red River, that C.F. Doan maintained an extensive mercantile operation. Though the store was on the Texas side of the river, the crossing became known as Doan's Crossing. It was last used in 1895, but during its existence over 19,000,000 head of cattle crossed here on their way to markets in Kansas.
Six miles west and six miles south of Tipton, Tillman County. *
* Directions from Mark of Heritage, by Muriel H. Wright
On July 12, 2003, Oklahoma had a dedication ceremony to set the first post to mark the Great Western Cattle Trail across Oklahoma. The post was set near the Red River south of Altus and north of Doan's Crossing in Texas where more than seven million cattle and horses crossed going north from 1876 to 1893. Texas followed suit....เคล็ดลับบาคาร่าhttp://www.redrivervalleymuseum.org/gwt.html