The site of Fort Arbuckle is less than one mile north. One of the two US military posts on the western frontier of the Creek Nation, this "first" Fort Arbuckle in Indian Territory was built in 1834 by troops of the 7th Infantry with Major George Birch in command. The stockade buildings were garrisoned only a few months.
On SH 51, four miles west of railroad sign for Wekiwa, near point where section line road turns north-site of old fort in Section Two, Township Nineteen, Range Ten east
* Information and directions by Oklahoma Historical Society