Site 2 mi. east where on July 17, 1863, Gen. J. G. Blunt with Union force of 3,000 men attacked a Confederate force under Gen. D. H. Cooper, encamped on Elk Creek Superior arms and equipment forced the Confederates to withdraw suffering heavy losses. Oklahoma Historical Society and State Highway Commission 1950.
Located on US-69, south of Oktaha, Oklahoma ?(GPS/Map Battlefield Shown)