Built on Harris Ferry Road in 1867 by Judge Henry Churchhill Harris. Choctaw leader, jurist and diplomat, who established ferry on Red River prior to Civil Ward. Post office Opened As Harris May 22, 1894. House was centered in Pleasant Hill plantation and servied as headquarters for other Harris business interests. Home restored in 1949 by builder's grandson, Charles L. Harris and wife, Ruby. Placed on National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Marker on US Highway 259 south of Idabel, Oklahoma // From Idabel, OK on Hwy-259 South 13-1/2 mi, E2250 Rd East 2 mi, N4700 Rd North 1 mi, N2240 Rd East 1 mi, N4710 Rd North 1/10 mi, Pleasant Hill Rd East 1/2 mi
National Register of Historic Places