Run of '89-S. Boundary

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Canadian River was south line of "Old Oklahoma" opened by Run at 12 o'clock noon, April 22, 1889. Riders started at river crossing near here. Many thousands entered the 2,000,000 a tract north; homes were planted and tent cities sprang up before nightfall.


In park at U.S. 77 and N. Main on the north side of Lexington, Oklahoma.

35.020458, -97.336328
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)
Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)



** Picture and updated location provided by Rhys Martin. - Thanks

Other places listed in Cleveland County