The Stephens County Historical Museum
Located in the historic National Guard Armory at Hwy. 81 and Beech Street, the museum features displays and artifacts illustrating early land-run and settlement life in Oklahoma together with early 20th century memorabilia.
Duncan Armory added to the National Register of Historical Places in 1996 (Building - #96001490) Also known as Duncan National Guard Armory
Hwy. 81 and Beech Street, Duncan, OK
Visiting the museum can transport you back into a simpler time; you can literally "step" into Grandma's kitchen or the family dentist's offices. See authentic room vignettes filled with treasured antiques, memorabilia, and other artifacts depicting pioneer life in Oklahoma.
One extensive display shows our Native American heritage in an original setting with an exceptional arrowhead collection. Whether your interest is early-day photography, music, crafts, Indian lore, farming or machines, the Stephens County Historical Museum can satisfy your curiosity in charming fashion. Exploring the adventures of the past is just a step away.
Other major features of the Stephens County Historical Museum include:
-County photography dating from 1892
-Area archaeological samples
-Pioneer drug store
-Legal and medical offices of the era
-Records and photography
-One and two-room schoolhouses, which have virtually disappeared from the American landscape
- Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
- Architect, builder, or engineer: Nolan, Bryan W., WPA
- Architectural Style: Other
- Area of Significance: Architecture, Military, Economics
- Period of Significance: 1925-1949
- Owner: Local Gov't
- Historic Function: Defense
- Historic Sub-function: Arms Storage
- Current Function: Recreation And Culture
- Current Sub-function: Museum