In 1870 a supply road was established between Ft. Supply and the Cheyenne-Arapaho agency in Darlington, O.T. The road (and telegraph line) was built as an extension of the Ft. Dodge (KS) - Ft. Supply trail and extended to Ft. Reno in 1875. In constant use by the army, indians and traders, this artery played a prominent part in the history of Oklahoma before the coming of the railroads.
9th and Jefferson, Woodward, Oklahoma.
Found this marker on the way to Boiling Springs State Park. Its located in someone's front yard. We had to park on Jefferson and walk over to the marker. Parking on 9th wasn't possible due to traffic.