First Crossed Here 1849. Near here on May 28, 1849,, was the camp of a large party of gold seekers en route to California with a military escort under the command of Captain R B Marcy. The California Road was used by travelers for over 50 years. East of here about 4 miles are traces of the Western Cattle Trail to Dodge City, Kansas.
1 mile north of Leedey, OK, on Hwy 34