Old Post about 2 mi. N.
U.S. troops encamped near Cheyenne Agenceyin Indian uprising 1874. Site s.w. of agencyselected by Agt. J.D. Miles and Capt T. Wint,established as permanent post in July, 1875, and named for Gen. Jesse L. Reno who died in action in Battle of Antietam., 1862. Post abandodned Feb. 24, 1908. Reserve was U.S. remount station to 1949
Fort Reno Visitor's Center 7107 W. Cheyenne, El Reno, OK- 4 miles west of El Reno on Route 66- 2 miles north of exit 119 of Interstate 40,Continue on east for .5 miles from Visitors centerhistorical marker is located on the north side of highway.