Dedicated in memory of parents, teachers and friends who thought us the true meaning of friendship, scholarship, sportsmanship, leadership and honor.
For more than sixty years Friendship schools meet the education needs and were theheart of the Friendship community.In 1899, soon after old Greer County was declared to be a part of Oklahoma Territoryand opened for homesteading. Clabber Flat school and after was called Friendship by some of those the school was the original home ofthe Friendship Baptist Church.
Clabber Flat (Friendship School District) consolidated with Navajoe and part of Lone Oakand Riverside school districts. A new school was built to serve the new consolidated district it was called Friendship.
In 1935 Pleasant Point consolidated with Friendship, while a new school was being builtsome students attended classes at theMethodist and Baptist Churches.
In 1937 the last Friendship school was built as a WPA project. In 1947 a part of the OzarkDistrict and later in 1958, the HeadrickDistrict joined the Frienship school District.
On Novemeber 1, 1962, the Friendship Schoolburned and the school year was completed in the abandoned Humphreys School building.In August 1963, Friendship consolidated withWarren School District and formed the school now known as Navajoe School.
East of Altus, Ok, Highway 62 turn north at mile marker 45, go to the town of Friendship, from the Friendship/Western Cattle Trail Marker continue on North 1 mile, 1/2 mile West, monument on the south side of road.