Original Town Site
Roxana Oil Co. hit McCully well 29 June 19271st well in Oklahoma drilled over a mile deep.Town platted 16 July 1927 by George L. Ross.Application to vacate the town site 17 March 1939, except property owned by John J. Traynor who ran Roxana service station.
Outlaw Dick Yeager one of Oklahoma's most notorious bandits was shot here in 1895.
Erected 1999, Edward Clark and Joyce Ann Newton
Robert Wyman Newton - J. Michael Panter
John. B Traynor
Directions to Roxana. From Crescent, OK drive 11 miles north to Hwy 51, turn left and go 2 miles to the intersection of 51 and 74E (to Marshall) but continue on West 2 miles and turn left and go 1 mile South. On Hwy 51 there is a marker about Roxana that will tell you where to turn. The school is across from the old refinery and store. Some signs of refinery by the creek.Ranch Marker is on left side of road. School building no longer there - 2007.