Built by the Federal government in 1832 under its treaty obligations with the Choctaw Nation, this house was once the home of the famous Choctaw District Chief Thomas LeFlore. Constructed by government contract workmen from Fort Towson using the $10,000 provided by the Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek for its erection, the structure is the oldest home still standing in Oklahoma. Though a portion of the building was destroyed, it has now been restored to its original condition during its occupancy by LeFlore.*
On U.S. Highway 70, two miles northeast of Swink, Oklahoma* At US-70 north on Main Rd 1/2, East on E2060 Rd 1-1/4 mile, turn south 1/4 mile.
* Description and directions from Mark of Heritage by Muriel H. Write.